The issue at hand here is that the linked-to Facebook page is not directly
affiliated with the Wikipedia project.  It might share some members, but
Wikipedia has no control over its content.  For a Wikipedia project that
has had its share of misconceptions about its affiliations, I think it's
inadvisable to link to a non-official page.  Preferably, the page should
meet some minimum requirements to become an official page of the project
and be "anointed" as such before it's linked to from the project front page.

Dung Nguyen
(714) 248-6297