@Richard:
Thanks for your words, they matter to me!
I took a look to the page that you linked and I did some changes (I
explained them on the talk page), I hope you are ok with them.
In principle it is a good idea, but as always a group of people is needed
to put it in practice, and it doesn't seem that there is enough social
capital to start that.

@Gerard:
It is true that Meta takes time, but it is the only place that can help us
coordinating a global movement so diverse as ours. It is also the only
neutral place where people from different projects can come and talk
without feeling that they are going to someone else's house (for instance
that is how it feels to go as a Wikidatan to Wikipedia and vice versa). And
without dialogue there cannot be real cooperation and mutual understanding.

Your private blog is fine, your work is fine, you can work your whole life
in isolation and be fine. However, if you want to listen to all the voices
and do something for them and for you, then you need some infrastructure,
social and technical. Meta is that place.

You seem to oppose volunteers receiving donations because of the overhead
that it will generate. I think that if that is the issue, then an effort
should be done to create shorter reports. Normally reports are long because
readers want them to be long, if there would be some understanding that
they take time from everyone, they could be shorter, or at least there
could be summaries.

Every person has a different situation and finds fulfillment in different
things, you cannot expect your situation to be universal, and if you are
fine with yours great for you. I am not so pleased with my situation, that
is why I want a change for myself, and of course for everyone that wants a
change too.

Regards,
Micru

Etiamsi omnes, ego non