(forking the discussion to allow a focus on more general line, rather than
the specifics of who wrote what, why and when)
My main takeaway from this discussion would be that it's good if there is a
neutral review option for actions by the T&S team (or the WMF in general),
such as an ombudsperson.

A detailed discussion or evaluation of specific sanctions by the Trust and
Safety team is not the kind of conversation to have publicly - I think most
people agree on this. In conversations like this, there is always at least
one party less comfortable to discuss the matter in public (or even discuss
it at all, indeed).

At the same time, if actions are so severe, it's good if there is
opportunity to have a review of the actions taken by a third party, to
confirm to the person against who sanctions have been laid (or complainants
in case no sanctions were laid), that appropriate processes were followed.

(This is perhaps stating the obvious - and I should acknowledge that I
don't know enough about WMF processes today to know for sure whether this
has maybe already even been implemented in the WMF structures a long time
ago. I do get the impression though that if this is the case, not everyone
is familiar with this option.)

Best,
Lodewijk