I also find it good to hear about these opportunities, I work with students
doing both under graduate and post graduate studies these emails enable me
to show to them that there are future opportunities and value in working
with Wikimedia projects.   Even though the scope is small and appears
unlikely to be of interest I have had a student complete their studies here
in Perth, Western Australia and utilize those skill after taking up a
position at University in Johannesburg South Africa.  I also know of two
students who have made applications to do doctoral studies in the US based
on these opportunities, and another person who applied for a UK WiR
position.

These opportunities are a very important aspect of sharing knowledge, and
community development as for all caps its really not that significant in
the greater scheme of things

On Fri, 28 Feb 2020 at 07:35, Todd Allen <toddmal...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't think the posting itself is inappropriate. It's Wikimedia-related
> business, and that, broadly, is what this list is for.
>
> Still, the use of ALL CAPS for a subject which will only be of relevance to
> a small fraction of readers is indeed a bit much. (And that's true even
> beyond geography; I live in Colorado, but I'm not interested in such a
> position.) So, I think that particular complaint is valid. Use regular
> case, and let the reader decide whether it's of importance to them.
>
> Todd
>
> On Thu, Feb 27, 2020 at 4:28 PM Robert Fernandez <wikigamal...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > As a long time on and off subscriber to this list for many years, I want
> > say that I do find posts about jobs like this very useful, unlike posts
> > complaining about capitalization and geography.  It is informative and
> > exciting to find out where Wikipedia projects are making in-roads, and
> what
> > better place to find an experienced job candidate who will respect
> > community norms and policies while editing on behalf of an employer.
> >

> > On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 12:40 PM Jake Orlowitz <jorlow...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > Annual Reviews, an independent, nonprofit scholarly research publisher,
> > > seeks an enthusiastic Wikipedian-in-Residence (WIR).
> > >
> > > The aim of this role is to improve Wikipedia’s coverage of the sciences
> > by
> > > citing expert articles from Annual Reviews’ journals. The WIR will
> engage
> > > with Wikipedia editors across life, biomedical, physical, and social
> > > science articles and WikiProjects to help ensure responsible and
> valuable
> > > expansion of content.
> > >
> > > This is a temporary position for 10 hours/week, paid at $30/hour USD,
> and
> > > is anticipated to last for up to 1 year. This position can only be
> based
> > > remotely from the following states: CA, OR, OH, NV, NC, WA, WI, CO, MA,
> > PA,
> > > NY, HI, or MT.
> > >
> > > PLEASE APPLY!
> > >

> https://annualreviewsnews.org/2020/02/25/seeking-a-wikipedian-in-residence/
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > >
> > > Jake Orlowitz
> > > *Founder of The Wikipedia Library*
> > > *Seeker of well people and sane societies*
> > >   kickstarter: bit.ly/CircleKickstarter
> > >   me: jakeorlowitz.com
> > >   mail: jorlow...@gmail.com
> > >   media: @jakeorlowitz <http://twitter.com/jakeorlowitz>
> > >   book: welcometothecircle.net

GN.

*Power of Diverse Collaboration*
*Sharing knowledge brings people together*
Wikimania Bangkok 2020
August 5 to 9
hosted by ESEAP

Wikimania: https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Gnangarra