Dear list,

Given the unfolding global events, the Wikimedia Foundations feels it is
important to reassure readers across the globe.

We'll be displaying a short message at the top of the projects reaffirming
our commitment to keep Wikipedia and the Wikimedia projects online, open
and free for all. Readers often turn to Wikipedia for neutral information
in times of stress. This is a critical moment for students who can't go to
school, people who have to stay home with their families, and anyone who
needs a trusted source of unbiased information.

We also want to take a moment to acknowledge the invaluable work of all the
medical contributors on Wikipedia. Thank you for keeping a close watch and
keeping misinformation at bay. Coronavirus topics have received tens of
thousands of edits by thousands of editors since the start of the pandemic.
The article has been read more than 30 million times, in English alone.

The message will be displayed just once to readers, and you can preview the
banner [1]. The draft is in English but we want this message to be
multilingual. If you have a moment, please help translate this banner into
your language [2]. Thank you all, for your work and efforts.

Stay safe, and wash your hands!

--
Seddon

[1] - Banner Preview: