Risker writes:
> To the best of my knowledge, the Elections Committee has had no
involvement in the MCDC election,
> and there's no indication at all that the Board asked them to assist or
to manage the election.
> I would really like to see a couple of stewards acting as scrutineers for
this election, simply because they are
> really experienced at identifying the kinds of problems that turn up on
elections like this

I do hope there are scrutineers of that sort.  Can someone involved w/ the
process advise on how that is happening?

I'd like to see us have an explicit standing group that keeps up with all
of these large-scale selection processes, shares best practices from a
range of variations implemented on different projects, and can discuss them
publicly in a number of languages. Running polls + votes is broadly useful,
so we should expand the pool of people fluent in their implementation.

It is good to have staff support and complement this work, but it would be
a loss five times over (in cost, delay, warmth, capacity, communal
knowledge) to remove this work from active community maintenance and
oversight.

Samuel Klein          @metasj           w:user:sj          +1 617 529 4266