With respect to OWID, one can see the interactive graphs working within a
mediawiki environment here <https://mdwiki.org/wiki/WikiProjectMed:OWID>.
Our hope for next steps to get around the current blockers is to show a
static version of the graph from Commons with a play button overlay. When
the play button is hit a consent pop up similar to what you see for maps on
Wikivoyage <https://en.wikivoyage.org/wiki/Cranbrook> when you request a
layer such as "relief maps". This will then bring in the corresponding
interactive
content hosted from the wmcloud
<https://owidm.wmcloud.org/grapher/share-of-population-with-schizophrenia>.
While this be acceptable to the powers that be? I am not sure.

With VideoWiki we have been able to create some higher quality content with
a partner at MyUpchar. The text was written by us, the individual short
animations were done by them, and then the tool combines it all together
with text to speech. Hope to get the tool working again soon:

https://mdwiki.org/wiki/Video:Tuberculosis

James Heilman
MD, CCFP-EM, Wikipedian