Oooo Buttons.  How about a few of the giant Wikipedia stickers? Those are
always favorites (and generally hidden away for good measure).

Anyways, I was curious myself if anything was going to be happening this
year.  So I'm totally game to help out how ever is needed.  I can gather
desktop computers to be used (if someone can find monitors) and related
networking gear - should it be useful.

-Jon

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 12:40, Jay Walsh <jwa...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> There actually is an 'education' day beforehand where exhibitors can
> get in front of a massive school audience.
>
> I think aligning with any other volunteer groups would be fab too -
> students for free culture?  EFF and creative commons will probably
> have tables set up there.  Being close by would make a lot of sense.
> Wish I could commit some more resources, but I can say that this time
> next year we should be in a better position to have people and stuff
> to share.
>
> That being said, I could probably provide a few more bags of buttons
> etc.
>
> --
> Jay Walsh
> Head of Communications
> WikimediaFoundation.org
> +1 (415) 839 6885 x 609
>
> On Mar 18, 2009, at 11:42 AM, Samuel Klein wrote:
>
> > wait, wait -- could you import a busload of children from the rural
> > bayosphere?  I bet they would feature a school fieldtrip as part of
> > their educational program...
> >
> > On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 2:36 PM, Cary Bass <c...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

This is a test of the emergency sig system.

Oh, and the following location only accurate +/- 100 miles.  So if you're
coming to get me, better send a nuke.