On Dec 19, 2012, at 5:20 PM, phoebe ayers wrote:

> difficult to keep meetup groups going in the proposed Cascadia geography

Say now, what? :) Seems to me we had *two* great events last week, Oakland Wiki
just announced weekly edit-a-thons at the library, various other things in the
works. Portland had a real successful Wiki Loves Libraries event a month or two
back, we've had various fun wiknics, Wiki Loves Monuments…maybe it's the lack
of the sense of a cohesive "group" you're noting? Could be, but I'm not sure
that's a necessary ingredient to moving things forward. Actually, I think a
world in which lots of people and groups are supporting Wikipedia in
small/quasi-connected ways is pretty exciting! Not better or worse than a more
structured approach, but pretty enjoyable and productive.

Pete