On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 3:32 PM, ENWP Pine <deyntest...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Steven, we have Wikimedia Canada, which is larger than Cascadia and
> includes multiple provinces.

Yes, chapters can be on the national level. Most are. The theory from the
Committee goes that you can have a country *or* a lower level form of
municipality like state, province, or city. But you can't span multiplie
countries, and you can't spread out across a selection of subnational
munincipalities.

To be clear: I'm not opposed to the idea of a Cascadia group of
Wikimedians. I'm very much favor of it. I'm just warning you about what
I've heard about the bureaucratic limitations imposed on official chapters.

Steven