The session on copyright might be particularly useful to video tape and post on
YouTube or some other video forum

-----Original Message-----
From: Kat Walsh <k...@mindspillage.org>
To: San Francisco Bay Area Wikimedians <wikimedia-sf@lists.wikimedia.org>
Sent: Fri, Jul 26, 2013 4:15 pm
Subject: Re: [Wikimedia-SF] Fwd: Call For Proposals - Open Access
Un/Conference: Promote, Impact, Assess

I note that I would be really surprised if people from CC aren'tplanning to
participate, but this is the first I've seen of theconference so far--I should
coordinate with people to figure out whois going. (Tim, are you on this list?)
But it might be fun to do alegal session with a bunch of lawyers in different
aspects of thefield (OK, my idea of "fun" may be broken).FWIW, there is a
"copyright help" expo booth at ALA every year--if yourecall Lucy's psychiatric
help booth from the Peanuts comics, meant tobe rather like that--where people
come up throughout with theirquestions, staffed by the more
copyright-knowledgeable members. It'snot, strictly speaking, *popular*, but
probably useful. I could see asession on copyright, OER, and institutional
repositories--perhaps onewhere people submit questions beforehand, giving
presenters time to 1)select the most popular and 2) prepare...-Kat-- Your
donations keep Wikipedia free: https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/DonateWeb:
http://www.mindspillage.org Email: k...@wikimedia.org,
k...@mindspillage.org(G)AIM, Freenode, gchat, identi.ca, twitter, various
social sites: