Hi everybody!

Thanks so much for your responses, everybody! How about date and time for this
event? Does September 21 (Saturday) around 11am (so it's _just_ before the
worst of the noon heat) work for everyone? Earlier? Later?

On 25 Aug, 2013, at 7:51 PM, Kimon Berlin <ki...@deepskymarines.org> wrote:
> We already seem to have excellent coverage of Denver in
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Register_of_Historic_Places_listings_in_Colorado
>  (there are separate subpages for Denver). Are any of these photos in need of
> improvement? This might be walkable, which is easier for logistics.
>
> A quick look around suggests lots of opportunities in JeffCo:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Register_of_Historic_Places_listings_in_Jefferson_County,_Colorado
>  but we'll need cars.
Yes, walkability is nice, especially if you're a graduate student without a
car. However, we _might_ be able to get enough cars together for everybody. Any
volunteers on this mailing list? I have a friend or two I could ask.

> I'd reserve an editathon for late fall/winter, once the weather turns bad.
Sounds good! Wikipedia Loves Libraries comes around in October/November, and we
could definitely have more editathons in January and February, once the weather
really gets icy.

> On 8/25/2013 5:53 PM, Todd Allen wrote:
>> There are also a pretty good number of historic buildings in Denver. A good
>> starting place would be the federal buildings downtown, but there are quite
>> a few others as well. Would anyone be interested in that?
I really like this plan. Here's some articles which could benefit from
better/more recent photos:
 - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byron_G._Rogers_Federal_Building (B&W photo)
 - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children%27s_Museum_of_Denver
 - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elitch_Gardens_Amusement_Park
 - More photos of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LoDo?
 - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byron_White_United_States_Courthouse (maybe?)
 -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Customhouse_%28Denver%2C_Colorado%29
(wider photo?)
 -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Andrews_Episcopal_Church_%28Denver%2C_Colorado%29
 - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paramount_Theatre_%28Denver%2C_Colorado%29
(wider photo?)
 - http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Regional_Transportation_District
(oddly enough, the only photos of RTD buses on Wikipedia appear to be the
MallRide -- I'll try to fix this with a few photos of Boulder buses when I'm
outdoors in the daystar next)

(It's possible that some or all of these images are hiding in
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Denver,_Colorado somewhere)

Looking at the WikiMiniAtlas (http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WikiMiniAtlas), it
looks like most of the historical sites are near the Denver Botanical Gardens.
So another way to plan this could be a day trip to the botanical gardens!

cheers,
Gaurav