Hi all,

being a 'starter of many things' (and the jury's out on whether or not I
finish any of them!) - I've created this page;

http://wikimedia.org.au/wiki/Schools%27_Wikipedia_Australia

I'm aware of quite a few discussions in this area, and believe it's a great
direction for the chapter to pursue... it's certainly something that I'm up
for working on as a fun and interesting project.

I was chatting with Werdna about how technically we might copy articles from
en into a smaller 'collection for schools' - and he talked me through the
'Special:Export' and 'Special:Import' functions - which basically just copy
across an article and the last 1,000 revisions between wikis... here's my
technical question though - when I visit 'Special:Import' on the au wiki it
gives me a 'permission error ("The action you have requested is limited to
registered users. Please read
Accounts<http://wikimedia.org.au/wiki/Accounts>to find out how to
register an account.")

I wonder if anyone technically minded has any ideas on how this could be
fixed? - I'd like to test the funcitonality of this stuff, and maybe make a
few 'proof of concept' type collections :-)

cheers,

Peter
PM.