Hey Peter,

I just went to special import and it seemed to be going to allow me to do
it. It said:

Please export the file from the source wiki using the export
utility<http://wikimedia.org.au/wiki/Special:Export>.
Save it to your computer and upload it here.
Upload XML data Filename:   Comment:

This might be helpful (or not): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Import. It
says: "Normally any user can export wiki pages to a file, but to import
pages into a wiki from a file, you must have 'Sysop' privileges on that
wiki."

-Sarah