On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 11:26 AM, Jessica Coates <j2.coa...@qut.edu.au>wrote:

> I'll be in town for the UNSW conference too, so I'll aim to make the
> meeting up.
>
> I've been wanting to make it to a wikimedia meeting for ages!
>
> And I suspect if you publicise it at the conference you'll get some other
> attendees too - lots of open access geeks attending.
>
> And congrats re the PHM stuff - Seb absolutely rocks, and is the reason why
> PHM the leading Australia in online access to its collection. Now if we can
> just get him in charge of the entire Arts portfolio . . .

That's fantastic that you can come along too. We'll try to rope in Laura
Simes from the Australian Digital Alliance too :-)

To reply to Andrew Garrett's question about the 16th and also the
possibility of having people from the conference turn up:
The "Unlocking IP conference" runs on Thursday the 16th and Friday the 17th.
The conference dinner is on the Thursday night. Now, if we wanted to invite
a range of people from the conference to the wikimeetup then perhaps it is a
good idea to not clash with their official dinner and therefore to have the
meetup on the friday. On the other hand, perhaps it is a good idea to have
it at the same night for those people who aren't going to the dinner (or
even have the meetup after the dinner so people can come from that to the
meetup) this would require placing the meetup location close to the
conference dinner.

I am intending on going to the conference dinner (but I'm not absolutely
wedded to the idea if the meetup is at the same time) and brianna is not.

So, what do people think: meetup on the thursday in association with the
conference dinner or meetup on the friday after the conference.

-Liam

> Jessica Coates
> Project Manager
> Creative Commons Clinic