Obviously there's scope to edit around elements like colour and what goes
where. But I think it's broadly a good plan. Go for it but don't stop at
what you've got - keep working on the "pretty" aspect. I fully support the
efforts to revive interest in the officialwiki :-)

Specific feedback I would give is:
- make a coloured "donate" section - not just on the top line.
- needs some icons
- needs the project logos at the bottom of the page in the "foundation
projects" section.
- merge the "featured project" and "planned events" sections
- expand the "contact" section with more elements
- maybe put a bit about the other chapters like they do on the bottom of the
swedish chapter site: http://se.wikimedia.org/wiki/Huvudsida

Just some ideas.

Best,
-Liam