Please note I'm not speak on behalf of WMAU committee and as far as I'm
aware no one has proposed anything to the committee in relation to WLM

WLM is a complex issue

As we found out last year if Australia wants to participate in WLM we
cannot run a scaled down version, neither can we include  War Memorials
within the scope of WLM as the definition of monuments in this project is
not the english definition. If Australians had participated on that basis
none of our entrants would been eligible for the international aspects so
that would result in a very disappointing outcome for us, if not a very
embarrassing one as well.

I'm aware that this year the founding country of WLM has withdrawn, that is
a concern if the  country the size of Netherlands doesnt have the capacity
to continue then Australia with a significantly smaller user base and a
significantly larger area of distribution will have potentially more
complex capacity issues.

With this knowledge I can only recommend caution, suggest that there maybe
better alternative given the limit of resources

On 18 May 2014 02:01, Russavia <russavia.wikipe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> ​​
>
> Does anyone know if there is going to be an Australian edition of Wiki
> Loves Monuments this year?
>
> The page is up on Commons,[1] but there's nothing there showing an
> Australian presence.
>
> Having an Aussie edition of the comp as a precursor, if there is still
> interest, in having a "war memorials" competition in the lead up to
> Anzac Day in 2015.
>
> Anyway, just wanting to put it out there that WLM is open and seeing
> if there is any interest in it.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Russavia
>

> [1] https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Wiki_Loves_Monuments_2014