The issues which came up regarding the "Gibraltarpedia" project
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gibraltarpedia#Controversy and
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:GLAM/GibraltarpediA) are probably
relevant here.

Date: Fri, 1 May 2015 17:41:33 +1000
From: leighblack...@gmail.com
To: wikimediaau-l@lists.wikimedia.org
Subject: Re: [Wikimediaau-l] [Wikimedia-l] Wiki Towns

Thanks Gnangara, there goes my dream of travelling around Australia initiating
projects and teaching people/professionals to edit :)
On 01/05/2015 5:34 pm, "Gnangarra" <gnanga...@gmail.com> wrote:
Leigh
I think its a rather complex issue and can see a few red flags there to start
with that would cause a lot of issues,  Paid photographers? Paid historians?
Paid editors?.  For Wikitowns or for that matter any project really needs to be
driven by the volunteer community both from within and from the associated
partners.  Someone being paid specifically to project manage a WikiTown wouldnt
be a good perspective.  From within an LGA having someone in a community
liason, or GLAM type position who can co-ordinate some of the activities should
be ok, even they need to be careful with COI.
I personally would discourage any paid activity as we have seen multiple times
this inevitably triggers a lot of damage to the community and individuals
regardless of standing.