I also think that OpenMeetings would be great, being a big fan of open
source and free software, but the main issue here is one of speed, and
volunteer availability.

The way I see it, and Manuel can correct me if I am wrong, is that we have
someone who is familiar with BBB and setting up such a system for wikimedia
will not require a lot of extra learning for him. BBB will take time to set
up, of course, but not all that extra time needed to learn the details of
an Open software solution and to iron out the bugs.

I would say that we go ahead with the proposed BBB solution, and in a few
years we can always switch programs.

Gabriel