The main problem of this kind of project is the security.

This is the main concern of the cantonal office of arts of Ticino, for
instance.

They would not make public the position of important objects that may be
stolen (pictures, vestments, altar cloths and holy vessels) mainly in the
churches.

Some places are not protected by security systems and the public position
may be a way to define what is precious and what is not.

I think that the simple replication would be not possible.

Regards

On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 8:17 AM, Estermann Beat <beat.esterm...@bfh.ch>wrote:

> Dear all,****
>
> ** **
>
> I would like to point you to an interesting blog post on creating a Public
> Art Database in Sweden:****
>
> http://blog.wikimedia.org/2013/06/05/database-public-art-sweden/****
>
> ** **
>
> I guess there is food for thought for all those of you who might consider
> supporting a Wiki Loves Public Art contest in Switzerland in the future…**
> **
>
> ** **
>
> Kind regards,****
>
> Beat****