It's good to mention a security aspect but precious objects in churches have
less to do with this initiative from Sweden.

Based on this blog post and other Information, I'm convinced that they are
collecting data of new forms of public art like fountain sculptures or objects
in the middle of a roundabout. These things obviously lack an inventory, and
deserve the attention of crowdsourcers. But sometimes these art installations
are fragile and on temporary display for just a season or so, and not permanent
as is the case of protected cultural goods. What confuses me a bit: the first
picture of the blog post shows the old statue of a Swedish king, the kind of
monument which is typically in the scope of Wiki Loves Monuments.

I'm confident that we will somedays see Swiss lists of recent artworks on
public ground as part of open data initiatives, financed for example by lottery
funds and with the help of various crowdsourcers. In the meantime there is
still enough material for contests about protected buildings or folklore  (the
topic of Living Traditions) where Freedom of Panorama is in general guaranteed
and no copyright issues might arise like in this examplary case:
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diskussion:Claes_Oldenburg.

Patrick Kenel
~~~~
www.wikimedia.ch