Initially, the date and time were chosen to not overlap with a Zurich
stammtische an to allow to have time in the afternoon for a side program
(launch of a photocontest).

To my knowledge both point are no longer valid.

Charles

Charles ANDRES, Chief Science Officer
"Wikimedia CH" – Association for the advancement of free knowledge –
www.wikimedia.ch
Skype: charles.andres.wmch
IRC://irc.freenode.net/wikimedia-ch