At bottom :-

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 14:55, CherianTinu Abraham <tinucher...@gmail.com> wrote:
> HI Ravi / Bala,
>           It is great work that Tamil Wiki is doing by not allowing the dump
> of paid translators to article space directly, thereby maintaining the
> overall quality of the Wikipedia. But there are many other Indian language
> Wikipedias where the translators move the article directly to mainspace,
> especially on which the communities are weak in strength.
>          Would like to hear inputs from other languages on this, please
> share with us.  Especially on the number of articles created by Google
> translators Vs organic creation ( last one year is fine) and also thoughts
> on this project. There might be projects which are not even aware that
> something is happening on their Wikipedia.
> Regards
> Tinu Cherian
> N.B.   Regarding what motivates us to contribute to Wikipedia for free is
> the reason for you and me being here :)

Hi all,
 It was interesting to read about the whole paid thing as well as
google's paying people to translate. I do not think its a bad idea,
People turning in shoddy work is a cause of concern of course.

About translated articles moving to mainline or otherwise, a basic
question how does one know whether an article is translated or written
afresh/from ground fresh. The only thing would be to check the Wiki
History or are there any signs which tells that this say 'X article is
translated' or something to that effect.

I do know any other language except for Hindi and Marathi and more
fluent in Hindi. So can somebody post a link  or two of translated
hindi article/s so one can see how to note /notice if an article is
translated . would be interested to also what 'google bots' have to
write besides the article in order to get paid.

Looking forward for info.
--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल