On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 6:16 PM, Srikanth Lakshmanan <srik....@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 18:07, Béria Lima <berial...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Actually I do because there is a note: "Important Note : The publisher (
>> The Indian Express ) of the above news article owns the copyrights of the
>> article / content. Request to kindly not reproduce or circulate the content
>> further. The information is only shared only with an internal community who
>> have been featured on this article.  All copyrights are duly acknowledged."
>> (bold is mine)

When we forward the emails with the above note, to other technical
mailing lists,
they scold me for forwarding the copyrighted material.

I do not see any info on copyright or have to put a footnote like
above in any of the news websites.

I request Tinu to remove the footnote or just share the links and some snippet.

Thanks.

> You are free to forward just the links. Reproducing verbatim elsewhere might
> not go well with "fair use". Also heard elsewhere on another list on the
> same topic that news is meant to be shared, so no harm. Frankly all this
> obsession on copyright only after editing Wikipedia, otherwise since when
> people in India thought of copyright seriously.
>
> --
> Regards
> Srikanth.L

Regards,