Thank you so much Gerard, for making the fonts available. The logo of the
Sanskrit Wikisource was ready quite long ago but its been fixed y'day and
its a great day for Sanskrit Wikisource to have a logo in its own language.
Thanks a lot for the WMF and Wiki WebFont Department.

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 11:01 AM, Gerard Meijssen
<gerard.meijs...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hoi,
> Today the Sanskrit Wikisource will get WebFonts support. The Sanskrit
> Wikipedia already has it for some time and it works well for them.
>
> What will be different is that in the Wikisource, it will be possible to
> have original texts in the script as it was of at the time of first
> publication. According to the English language Wikipedia article and
> according to the Omniglot website Sanskrit is written in many scripts.
>
> When you google for the Brahmi script, you will find several fonts that
> are freely available. What is needed for us to use it in the Wikimedia
> Foundation is that these fonts are freely licensed and, that they pass the
> technical requirements of the Localisation team. Obviously when a font is
> available in WebFonts, it is available in any wiki that has WebFonts
> enabled.
> Thanks,
>     Gerard
>

> http://ultimategerardm.blogspot.com/2012/03/sanskrit-sources-and-scripts.html
>
> http://ultimategerardm.blogspot.com/2012/03/sanskrit-wikisource-will-get-webfonts.html
>
> PS from my blogposts you will appreciate that there is an evolution in the
> awareness of what WebFonts can do for you :)

Regards,
Abhiram