Hoi,
Reading back I realised that I did not answer your question really. What
you are asking for is the possibility to transliterate a text into a
specific script.This is something that needs development. At the Silpa
website there is functionality that does some initial transliteration. It
however needs more work and when the software has been tried and tested it
still needs to be implemented in MediaWiki.

So the answer is: please help us code this functionality :)
Thanks,
     Gerard

http://silpa.org.in/Transliterate