Oh, so that's where Tunde Ke Kabab came from!
I tried to get support to bring it to DYK, but didn't have time after that.

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 3:13 PM, Hisham <his...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> On Mar 12, 2012, at 11:12 PM, Deepon Saha wrote:
>
> I too think we should conc. more on quality than quantity. If we get 4/5
> interested students from a session (be it only 5% or 10%) then we should
> take good care to support them & keep them motivated.. Good point..:-)
>
> Hey, Deepon, I totally agree with you.  More below on focussing on smaller
> groups.
>
> On your point on providing support and motivation, Nitika and Subha are
> working on something that you will hear from soon.
>
> On Mar 12, 2012 11:04 PM, "Nitika" <ntan...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
>

> <cut>
>
> Kritharth is a student at IIT and has been actively involved in Wikipedia
>> monthly meet-ups in Delhi. It was through him that we got in touch with the
>> organisers at Tryst - annual tech fest organized by IIT-Delhi. I'd really
>> like to thank him for helping us organise this session and a big thank you
>> to Noopur, Rajesh and Piyush for all their help.
>>

> Thanks so much Kritharth,
> User:Piyush.Aggarwal<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Piyush.Aggarwal>
>  and User:RajeshPandey <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:RajeshPandey>!
>  These were really well organised sessions!
>

>>    - Second session on March 5th, Monday:
>>
>> <cut>
>
> We organised the session a bit differently - after giving a brief
>> introduction about Wikipedia and showing some basic editing we invited the
>> uninterested participants to feel free to leave the session and requested
>> only the interested lot to stay back for the remaining session. The
>> participants were informed that in the second half of the session we'll
>> be talking in greater detail about Wikipedia policies and do more hands-on
>> editing training hence it made sense only for those students to stay back
>> who'd like to get deeper knowledge about Wikipedia. Eventually we were left
>> with 8 participants but in my opinion that's was the beginning point of a
>> more interactive and interesting session. Each of these 8 participants were
>> more involved when discussing about Wikipedia policies, they wanted to do
>> more hands on editing and we were also able to provide them individual
>> attention because of limited numbers.
>>

> Three advantages.  The quality of the discussion became so much richer
> because you had only the most committed in the room.  The kind of attention
> we were able to give to everyone left  was so much more personal. Also, as
> a presenter, I actually felt so much more motivated because the only guys
> in the room were so much more involved.
>
> During the session we edited the article on Chacha
> Chowdhary<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chacha_Chowdhary> and
>> one of the participants started an article on tunde ke
>> kabab<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tunde_ke_Kabab>
>> .
>>

> It's really essential to do actual editing on article - and get the
> participants themselves to edit.  You should have seen the look of pride on
> [...]

Regards,
Srikanth Ramakrishnan.
Wikipedia Coimbatore Meetup on February 12th.
Aliens invaded Tamil Nadu, left their Spacship and now it is a Toll Plaza.
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:IVRCL-Vijayamangalam-Toll-Plaza.JPG