On Mar 13, 2012, at 4:24 PM, Srikanth Ramakrishnan wrote:

> Oh, so that's where Tunde Ke Kabab came from!

strictly speaking, the Tunde ke Kabab came from Lucknow...  ;-)

(sorry, couldn't resist) and *ducks for cover while a mailing list admin hunts
him down*

The article's got 8 editors contributing 20+ edits over 5 days.  That's not
earth-shattering but it's so encouraging to see!

It was also one of those rare moments where a newbie in an outreach session got
a chance to create an article.  I usually discourage newbies from getting too
fussed about creating an article and try and get them to edit existing articles
- but this time we just got lucky.

> I tried to get support to bring it to DYK, but didn't have time after that.

I'm sure it would be a great DYK candidate but it's got a long way to go to hit
the 1,500 mark.

For folks on the mailing list who don't know DYK, it stands for Did You Know,
and it's a series of interesting facts from new or recently expanded articles
on Wikipedia.  If you ever run into acronyms on this mailing list (or any
other), just check where you go for everything else: Wikipedia!

Happy Editing!

hisham