On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 10:35 AM, Hisham <his...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> Story-telling for Community
> Building<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/India_Program/Pilot_Designs/Storytelling>
>  is
> the work that Noopur just announced (and as illustrated by the profile on
> Netha) - where we want to celebrate the diversity and magic in our
> community.

The Wikimedia India Chapter already runs a section call "Featured
Wikipedian" on the chapter wiki.  Is this pilot designed to replicate the
work that is being already done?

http://wiki.wikimedia.in

More importantly, why do you believe that the story-telling effort will
ultimately motivate more editors to contribute?  Sure, I see some potential
there for interested Internet users who come across Wikimedia's blog sites,
but apart from that?  Have you done a *cost-benefit analysis* on whether
the story telling initiative is worth spending the time and efforts of your
team?

>From my own experience, some of the long-term editors are anonymous while
most of the long-term and established editors are quite private to the
extent that they would not wish to link their real life with what they do
on Wikipedia.  I think your efforts are better directed elsewhere
"identifying high-potential opportunities, design & implement high-quality
pilots".

I am quoting one of the emails you sent as an explanation to the
Foundation-l

On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 5:00 PM, Hisham <hmun...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> The advantage that Trust brings to the table is speed and intensity.  I
> think the nature of the Trust's operations will be to identify
> high-potential opportunities, design & implement high-quality pilots and
> transfer learnings to the Chapter, other community groups and the
> community at large.  As and when the Chapter and/or other community
> bodies have built the capacity to take over projects from the Trust, the
> Trust will fully facilitate this.
>

>From what I can see, you are simply undertaking projects which can be
organized by Wikimedia India Chapter once it receives funding and engages a
part-time employee to help it with that.

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 12:28 PM, Pradeep Mohandas <
pradeep.mohan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I also think this idea of the community defining the framework must be
> extended to the Chapter as well.

Let's have this discussion on a separate thread.  Thanks.