Thanks Yann, this is extremely interesting.

Balasankar, is there an easy to access list of actual or proposed deletions from Wikisource on similar grounds? (There's an interesting question on Gandhi here: http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Wikisource:Possible_copyright_violations#copyright_status_of_Gandhi.27s_original_works.3F - but no actions that I can easily see).