+1 Shyamal

It certainly makes the volunteers to draw a line on what they could
volunteer easily and leaves the rest to them (and i have implied
earlier about their abilities) and i afraid it's getting worse day by
day. A2K might reach to thousands of people, but it is not going to
help retain them and the existing users.

If A2K really care about being collaborative with the community and
bringing transparency, then why it doesn't seek community's inputs?
E.g. AFAIK there was no discussion on hiring an advisor, just an
announcement and post-discussions (I had read that wmf had nodded it
but why there was no discussion with the community!) I wonder who
really needs advice!

My point is rather having a paid advisor, A2K should collaborate with
the community; we have experienced volunteers on wiki, on this list,
and Chapter members who can advise, we have meta and such sites, where
people around the world share their ideas, are great resources.
(seeking feedback on already made plans is not enough.) And i know you
could say that it won't be good enough. But it should be more than
enough if you really care and could do it. If A2K can't seek advise
from community members and it needs a paid advisor then it's not good
enough for any such tasks that would benefit the movement.

If A2K care on bringing transparency, why the advisor name was not
mentioned after several months (since February if i'm not mistaken)
till now, for that i had to ask again and again! Why?

So far it looks to me, A2K just want to run the show, no matter how!
And i know most of our concerns get ignored, so there is no point
raising any. I shall refrain myself from now on. I think it's time the
team should care about understanding the system, and how it can get
voluntary support and time from the experienced users.

Ansuman

--
Regards,
Ansuman <http://twitter.com/an5um>