Like Gerard, I'm quite confused at the purpose of trying to get people to
stop donating to the Wikimedia Foundation, and am a bit disappointed to see
such a suggestion coming from someone who holds advanced rights on some of
the projects. I also note that the response of CIS-A2K's executive director
notes that if it is determined there is a problem in terms of their salary
structure, it is one he wants to address, even if it may take some time to
do so because he (reasonably, imo) doesn't want to cut the salaries of
current employees steeply.  Looking at the table, it looks like CIS-A2K's
total staff budget is a little shy of $300k a year.  The FDC is currently
handing out what, $6m USD a year?  Even if CIS was entirely funded out of
the FDC (and it isn't, their APG request is for less than $300k,) that's
pretty much a drop in the bucket of available funds.

It's been made clear that just because CIS may be awarded funds doesn't
mean that WMIN won't also be awarded funds, and that the entities aren't in
direct competition with each other.  Trying to do something like get people
to boycott donating to the WMF because CIS is asking for a fraction of a
percent of WMF's total budget and something like 5% of available FDC funds
to be given to them is pointless if you don't succeed and shooting yourself
in the foot if you do succeed.  If you were partially successful, your own
funding in future years would likely be diminished due to less overall
availability of funds, and if you were fully successful... well, Wikipedia
wouldn't exist.

Best,
Kevin Gorman