Hello Nice people,

I do hope that you are doing well. At the meet-up, we resolved to undertake
the photo-walk on the Saturday of 25th February 2012 and not on the 18th as
it had earlier been indicated. During our meet-up I networked with a
photographer/ blogger who was in attendance and we dialogued about how we
could make this photo walk a success in terms of the logistics involved.

He informed me that he had been using images from commons as yet he never
knew of the existence of a local community of Wikim(p)edians! From what he
said, we are required by law to get Press cards from the affected ministry
that deals with Journalism in Kenya, i.e. Ministry of Information and
Communication.

Another alternative that we had been given earlier by Kaburo as we were
planning for Wikis takes Nairobi was to request for written permission from
the City Council of Nairobi. I am kind of muddled by these two opinions
because in Kenya there is freedom of panorama, one is allowed to take
photos except at such places that are marked explicitly that you are not
supposed to take photographs.

Freedom of Panorama in
Kenya<http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Freedom_of_panorama#Kenya>as
highlighted on Commons.

Anyone on this list who is conversant with this, I beg to be educated/
rectified so that I can go ahead with the planning for the photo-walk.

Regards

Stephen.