Just so you know, getting a receipt doesn't make it a bona-fide, on-the-record
expense. It could possibly be a form of creative accounting. Anyone can easily
get a receipt book and give out receipts for seemingly legal expenses.
Abbas.

From: abar...@wikimedia.org
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 01:53:09 -0800
To: wikimediake@lists.wikimedia.org
Subject: Re: [Wikimedia Kenya] Photo Walk

Excellent, thanks!
   A.

On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 1:50 AM, stephen wanjau <wanjaus...@gmail.com> wrote:

Asaf, this fee is a legal fee. In fact other photo journalists pay for this and
an official receipt from the City Council of Nairobi is issued.

The KES 2600 caters for a permit to take photos within the council's
municipality for a day.
When we went there (with Oscar) we were told to pay the fee. We were hesitant
to just pay and we explained the uniqueness and non-commercial nature of our
undertaking. Since the boss who could give us a waiver was out on a meeting.
The receptionist adviced that we write an official letter explaining the
purpose of our photo walk and request for a waiver thereof.

The results of our request shall be out on Monday or Tuesday.
If we get a total waiver well and good and that's what we are hoping for.
//Stephen