Asaf, this fee is a legal fee. In fact other photo journalists pay for this
and an official receipt from the City Council of Nairobi is issued.

The KES 2600 caters for a permit to take photos within the council's
municipality for a day.

When we went there (with Oscar) we were told to pay the fee. We were
hesitant to just pay and we explained the uniqueness and non-commercial
nature of our undertaking. Since the boss who could give us a waiver was
out on a meeting. The receptionist adviced that we write an official letter
explaining the purpose of our photo walk and request for a waiver thereof.

The results of our request shall be out on Monday or Tuesday.

If we get a total waiver well and good and that's what we are hoping for.

//Stephen