> Once we have a bank account, then we can start accepting some of
> these other options. Until then, I think that just accepting cheques
> is the best approach. My apologies to those that don't have them. I
> thought that they were pretty standard from 16+, and people younger
> than that can normally get their parents to write one, or am I
> showing my age?

Cheques constitute a credit facility, I believe, so you need a certain
level of credit worthiness to get one (which may make it 18+, for a
start). Also, since cheques are becoming used less and less I guess
some people just don't bother to get one any more. (I, however, do
have a chequebook and will be posting my application in the next
couple of days.)