> Just to confirm, yes, anyone can be a member. I believe that you have
> to be a resident / citizen in the UK if you want to stand for the
> board, though (although I can't find anything saying this in the
> AoA...?); otherwise you would be exactly the same as any other member.

I don't think there are any legal requirements in that regard, we made
it a requirement for the board elections because it's impractical for
someone not in the UK to sign forms, etc. I would probably vote
against any candidate not usually resident in the UK for the same
reasons, but I don't think there is anything to stop them standing.