Q5: Is there any way that you think the election should be run differently to
the election of the interim Board?

I wanted to answer one of the questions I put with a suggestion regarding
minority languages.

Most of the people active in Wikimedia UK seem to be active in the english
Wikimedia projects. However, there are some other smaller Wikimedia languages
where UK editors form a vital part of the editing and readorship base. I'm
thinking particularly of the native languages of the UK such as Welsh, Scottish
Gaelic and maybe Irish, Scots/Ullans, Cornish, Manx etc.

As well as recognised the diversity of the Wikimedia community, there are also
significant public funds available for promoting these languages which could be
used by us to support these projects.

The Board has already reached out to these projects by asking if the newsletter
could be translated into these languages. My suggestion is we set aside two
reserved seats on the Board for people who actively contribute to at lease one
wikimedia project in a minority language of the UK.

What do you think?