2008/11/29 Andrew Turvey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Most of the people active in Wikimedia UK seem to be active in the english
> Wikimedia projects. However, there are some other smaller Wikimedia
> languages where UK editors form a vital part of the editing and readorship
> base. I'm thinking particularly of the native languages of the UK such as
> Welsh, Scottish Gaelic and maybe Irish, Scots/Ullans, Cornish, Manx etc.

So far the response has been minimal.

> The Board has already reached out to these projects by asking if the
> newsletter could be translated into these languages. My suggestion is we set
> aside two reserved seats on the Board for people who actively contribute to
> at lease one wikimedia project in a minority language of the UK.
>
> What do you think?

No. There are far more editors to the English wikipedia than other
projects and that should be accepted rather than discriminated
against.

In any case last I checked not even cy.wikipedia had an EDP (although
to be fair they had at least talked about it) which gives you some
idea of the size of the community on those projects.

--
geni