> David Gerard was speaking as a "Wikipedia volunteer" in the media
> over the past few days. He is/was press officer for WMUK 1.0...

Yes, but WMUK 1.0 was always very small and wasn't really noticed by
anyone (some in the media may have known it existed, but that's about
it). If WMUK 2.0 is as successful as we hope, people may well know a
little more about it and there will be a possibility of confusion.

> We could all speak to the press if we wanted to, since we are
> Wikimpedia volunteers. We do not need to have signed up to anything
> else.

Indeed, but there may well be cases where we want someone to speak
officially as a representative of WMUK and we need a policy in place
for how we handle that.