On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 16:17, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/7962912.stm
>
> "The Guardian said the draft review requires primary school children
> to be familiar with blogging, podcasts, Wikipedia and Twitter as
> sources of information and forms of communication."
>
> It looks like there may be a little more demand for my proposal for
> WMUK to go into schools...

The thing about Twitter really makes me laugh. Maybe the idea of
microblogging and status updates on the likes of Facebook and Bebo
makes sense. But I'm not convinced Twitter is sufficiently mainstream
- or established as something more than a fad - to deserve a full
treatment.

That is however off-topic. It would be fantastic to teach people to
use Wikipedia properly at a young age. Then we wouldn't have so much
misunderstanding when it comes to using it for coursework later on, at
GCSE level. So this sounds good.

Sean

--
Sean Whitton / <s...@silentflame.com>