At 16:17 +0000 25/3/09, Thomas Dalton wrote:
>http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/7962912.stm
>
>"The Guardian said the draft review requires primary school children
>to be familiar with blogging, podcasts, Wikipedia and Twitter as
>sources of information and forms of communication."
>
>It looks like there may be a little more demand for my proposal for
>WMUK to go into schools...

As I recall, "projects in schools" was always part of Wikimedia UK
(1.0 and 2.0) thinking....

The announcement is rather odd. Bit like saying "children should
watch more television" in the 1950s and 1960s. Twitter, WIkimedia,
Bebo, Facebook, MySpace are (social) media: is the suggestion that
they start media studies in school from the first day? Or is the
suggestion that 5 year olds become Wikipedia editors?

Gordo

--
"Think Feynman"/////////
http://pobox.com/~gordo/