On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 22:45, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/3/25 Sean Whitton <s...@silentflame.com>:
>> The thing about Twitter really makes me laugh. Maybe the idea of
>> microblogging and status updates on the likes of Facebook and Bebo
>> makes sense. But I'm not convinced Twitter is sufficiently mainstream
>> - or established as something more than a fad - to deserve a full
>> treatment.
>
> I don't "tweet" myself, but from what I've read, Twitter is mainstream
> now. It may be a mainstream fad, only time will determine that.

This is precisely my point. The press are obsessed with it and it is
increasingly used for commercial purposes. But it will be interesting
to see how long it lasts.

Maybe the draft review mentioned it because Number Ten has a Twitter
feed and so they wanted to curry favour!

Sean

--
Sean Whitton / <s...@silentflame.com>
OpenPGP KeyID: 0x25F4EAB7