On 06/04/2011 12:36, Thomas Dalton wrote:

While it doesn't make much sense to have a binding rule that says
board member candidates have to reveal their online identity (I'm not
even sure such a rule is legally possible - who is appointed is a
decision for an AGM and a past AGM can't bind a future one), I would
be surprised if anyone that didn't got elected. I certainly wouldn't
vote for someone without knowing who they are in the Wikimedia world.


An AGM can pass a resolution changing the constitution rules on board election so that in future election candidates have to publicly disclose their Wikimedia wikis' username. A GM cannot bind a future GM only mean it can't pass a resolution that a future GM cannot change. Whether you want such a rule is obviously a different question.

KTC

--
Experience is a good school but the fees are high.
    - Heinrich Heine

Attachment: PGP.sig
Description: PGP signature

_______________________________________________
Wikimedia UK mailing list
[email protected]
http://mail.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediauk-l
WMUK: http://uk.wikimedia.org

Reply via email to