On 14 November 2012 17:52, Charles Matthews <charles.r.matth...@ntlworld.com
> wrote:

> On 14 November 2012 17:44, HJ Mitchell <hjmitch...@ymail.com> wrote:
>
> > We get all sorts of general enquires, feedback, and other things that
> > probably should go elsehwhere. It adds up to thousands of tickets a week.
> > Try finding the urgent BLP complaints amongst that lot, bearing in mind
> that
> > OTRS agents are volunteers and that we have other commitments on
> Wikipedia,
> > not to mention in real life.
>
> Triage is all, and if OTRS isn't set up to make it easy then it should
> be.

Sadly it isn't. There are several queues, but probably not enough for
effective triage (i.e. most of it ends up in quality or courtesy). There is
also an "urgency" attribute on tickets that can be changed - but this only
puts them higher up the queue (which a lot of people work on from the end).

Moving tickets is a pain - you have to scan through a dropdown menu mostly
consisting of unrelated other-language tickets to find the english queues,
then pick one & hit submit. At which point the queue you are on is
reloaded, and if you happened to have been on e.g. a ticket or differnet
queue in another tab you will end up there...

Pain in the..

:P

Tom