I am not really interested in discussing general policy of the BBC etc.
regarding copyright at this point. I would kindly ask we discontinue
pursuing that line of questions.

Instead, I would like to point out the specific files that relate to the
Iraq Inquiry.[1] These are briefings that should be freely licensed in the
interest of the general public. I do not believe we should be discouraged
on how complex the process is. Regardless of how complex this may be, we
should attempt to the best of our abilities and available resources.

This is why I suggested seeking MPs to highlight the interests of the
general public and progress from there. I am under the impression that BBC
etc facilitated the recordings and own the intellectual property.

[1]:
http://www.iraqinquiry.org.uk/Search/?query=&sortByDate=False&searchRefine=0&fm=0&fy=0&tm=0&ty=0&da=&dr=&ft=2

  -- とある白い猫  (To Aru Shiroi Neko)