Thanks for all the links! Yes I have been using IA-upload quite happily,
though it took me a while to figure out the time lag. I assumed there would
be other copies, but 17 is a lot. I wish there was a way to find out which
is the best copy to upload to Commons - we should have at least one for
everything that exists on archive.org in, say, over 4 copies. Another
generic question I had about Commons .djvu files was why these can't by
default show up in Wikisource on a simple index page if the .djvu files are
linked from Wikidata items as being instance of a book, with a statement
link to Commons file and a statement link to the author's Wikidata item,
which in turn is linked to Wikisource author id.