Hi,

    I am not sure if this is the correct place to ask this – if not then please
let me know which is the best place for such a question.

    Does anyone have experience importing the Wikipedia XML Dumps into
MediaWiki. I made an attempt with the English Wiki Dump as well as the
Portuguese Wiki Dump, giving php (cli) 1024 MB of Memory in the php.ini file.
Both of these attempts fail with out of memory errors.

    I am using the lasted version of MediaWiki 1.14.0 and PHP 5.2.6-1+lenny2
with Suhosin-Patch 0.9.6.2 (cli) (built: Jan 26 2009 22:41:04).

    Does anyone have experience with this import and how to avoid the memory
errors? I can give it more memory – but it seems to be leaking memory over time.

Thanks again,
O. O.

      ¡Sé el Bello 51 de People en Español! ¡Es tu oportunidad de Brillar! Sube
tus fotos ya. http://www.51bello.com/