O. O. schrieb:
> Daniel Kinzler wrote:
>> That sounds very *very* odd. because page content is imported as-is in both
>> cases, it's not processed in any way. The only thing I can imagine is that
>> things don't look right if you don't have all the templates imported yet.
>
> Thanks Daniel. Yes, I think that this may be because the Templates are
> not imported. (Get a lot of "Template: ..."). Any suggestions on how to
> import the templates?
>
>       I thought that the pages-articles.xml.bz2 (i.e. the XML Dump) contains
> the templates – but I did not find a way to do install it separately.

They should be contained. As it sais on the download page: "Articles, templates,
image descriptions, and primary meta-pages."

> Another thing I noticed (with the Portuguese Wiki which is a much
> smaller dump than the English Wiki) is that the number of pages imported
> by importDump.php and MWDumper differ i.e. importDump.php had much more
> pages than MWDumper. That is way I would have preferred to do this using
>   importDump.php.

The number of pages should be the same. soudns to me that the import with
mwdumper was simply incomplete. Any error messages?

> Also in a previous post, you mentioned about taking care about the
> “secondary link tables”. How do I do that? Does “secondary links” refer
> to language links, external links, template links, image links, category
> links, page links or something else?

THis is exactly it. YOu can rebuild them using the rebuildAll.php maintenance
script (or was it refreshAll? something like that). But that takes *very* long
to run, and might result in the same memory problem you experienced before.

The alternative is to download dumps of these tables and improt them into mysql
directly. They are available from the download site.

-- daniel