Platonides schrieb:
> O. Olson wrote:
>> Does anyone have experience importing the Wikipedia XML Dumps into
>> MediaWiki. I made an attempt with the English Wiki Dump as well as the
>> Portuguese Wiki Dump, giving php (cli) 1024 MB of Memory in the php.ini
>> file. Both of these attempts fail with out of memory errors.
>
> Don't use importDump.php for a whole wiki dump, use MWDumper
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MWDumper

MWDumper doesn't fill the secondary link tables. Please see
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Importing_XML_dumps for detailed
instructions and considerations.

Also keep in mind that the english wikipedia is *huge*. You will need a decent
database server to be able to process it. I wouldn't even try on a
desktop/laptop.

-- daniel